How to promote a website in Western markets using Pinterest?
In this article, we want to introduce you to Pinterest, because many people underestimate it, and it's really good. Today Pinterest is one of the popular social media platforms where millions of people share their ideas and get inspiration.
Why does your business need Pinterest?
Before you choose this platform for promotion, you need to make sure it fits your marketing goals and your audience. Here are some numbers that might help you (statistics taken from https://www.omnicoreagency.com/pinterest-statistics/):
- Pinterest has more than 416 million monthly users.
- There are 88 million US citizens on Pinterest.
- The total number of saved Pinterest pins is more than 240 billion.
- More than 2 million Pinterest users save shopping pins to their boards every day.
- The majority (60%) of new Pinterest users are women.
- The platform has a market value of $24,94 billion.
- On average, users spend about 14.2 minutes on Pinterest per visit.
- 84% of users make purchasing decisions on Pinterest.
- Half of Pinterest's audience earns more than $50,000 a year.
What sets Pinterest apart from other social media platforms:
- The only platform that provides visual search
- One of the fastest growing social networks
- High engagement, which will make it much easier to build relationships with potential customers
- Visually oriented, so it is most appealing to the human brain
- It's easy to keep track of new products in your niche
Getting started with Pinterest
If you already have a Pinterest account, please note that it is for personal use only, not for commercial purposes. Therefore, you need to register an official Pinterest account for business in order to provide your services or products in the future.
An example of a business account
How can you make your company more attractive on Pinterest?
The University of Minnesota did a study and determined that the popular categories are gender dependent, as 80% of the entire audience is female, but recently men have become more engaged on Pinterest, and those numbers may soon change.
Popular categories by gender difference
Pinterest is geared toward visuals, so to keep the user engaged, the design of your board is important. The font should be the same width and can be of unlimited length. The optimal pin size is 600x900 pixels (not too big and not too small). The Pinterest Canva template is a standard size and will make it much easier to size your pictures.
A mini strategy for attracting traffic
- Map out your Pinterest strategy and stick to it.
- Create high-quality, eye-catching vertical images.
- Make sure all pinned content showcases your brand.
- Write detailed descriptions with easily embedded keywords.
- Insert your logo on each pin, but make it unobtrusive.
- Use text overlays to get your message across.
- Acknowledge your site. This will give your pins a chance to rank higher.
- Insert Pinterest publishing buttons on your website.
- Take advantage of Rich Pins.
- Pin pins consistently at the best times to post (according to Coschedule):
Daily: from 2-4 p.m. EST, and from 8 p.m.-4 a.m. EST.
Friday: 3 p.m. EST.
Saturdays: 8-11 p.m. EST. EST.
The best tactics for promoted pins
Here are some tactics to help you make money on Pinterest with promoted pins:
- Monitor and optimize your campaigns.
- Use compelling calls to action in your pin descriptions.
- Only target the most relevant keywords in your promoted pins. Make sure they are relevant to your audience, your campaign goals, and what you are promoting with the pin.
- Carefully research your target audience and make the most of the targeting opportunities the platform offers.
- Implement a Pinterest tag on your website to track your audience's behavior and identify visitors for retargeting.
- Promote organic pins with the highest engagement rates.
- Try different advertising strategies.
- Make sure the URL in your pin leads directly to where you want your visitors to go.
- Avoid using hashtags in promoted pins – they look spammy and can reduce the effectiveness of your campaign.
The potential for making money on Pinterest is enormous. However, as with any business, successful promotion takes a lot of time and effort. Implement all of the strategies we've shared with you and hopefully you'll get a successful start on Pinterest.